- 2013 – present: Lecturer in Smart Cities and Urban Analytics. Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis, University College London
- 2010 – 2013: Research Associate – Explaining, Modelling & Forecasting Global Dynamics (ENFOLD-ing). Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis, University College London
- 2006 – 2010: Research Officer – Centre for Interaction Data Estimation and Research (CIDER), School of Geography, University of Leeds.
- 2002 – 2005: Teacher of Geography and Head of General Studies, Hedingham School, Essex.
Qualifications & Education
- 2007 – 2010: PhD – “Understanding Internal Migration in Britain at the Start of the 21st Century” School of Geography, University of Leeds.
- 2005 – 2006: MA Human Geography with GIS (Distinction), University of Leeds.
- 2001 – 2002: PGCE Secondary Geography, University of Cambridge.
- 1998 – 2001: BSc (Hons) Geography, Lancaster University.
Professional Affiliations / Qualifications
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society
- Communications Officer – Population Geography Research Group of the RGS-IBG
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), since 2003
Awards & Honours
- University of Leeds, 2006 – Grebenik Prize:
awarded for best piece of work on any aspect of human population problems